What is Uno Power Grab?
Uno grab power is a tweaked version of official uno. There are 4 towers that help you to protect against the power cards which feels like we have some superpowers in the game and that really excites the most. So you get plenty of time to grab the power tower as a few cards have a power icon that helps you to take the tower and you have power cards in the game which allow you to grab towers. The objective of the game is the same as the original Uno. Read the whole article and you will find everything.
Uno Power Grab Content
- 4 Power Towers (1 each: U, N, O, !)
- 1 Play Tray
112 cards are as follows:
- 18 Blue Cards – 1 to 9
- 18 Green Cards – 1 to 9
- 18 Red Cards – 1 to 9
- 18 Yellow Cards – 1 to 9
- 8 Draw One Cards – 2 each in blue, green, red and yellow
- 8 Draw Two Cards – 2 each in blue, green, red and yellow
- 8 Skip Cards – 2 each in blue, green, red and yellow
- 4 Reverse Cards – 1 each in blue, green, red and yellow
- 4 Grab-2-Towers Cards – 1 each in blue, green, red and yellow
- 4 Wild Grab-A-Tower Cards
- 4 Wild Draw Four Cards
Objective of the Game
Be first to get rid of all the cards in your hand.
The Function of Uno Power Grab Special Cards
Draw One Card
When a player plays this card then the next player in turn is ordered to draw 1 card from the discard pile and then skip the turn.
Draw Two Card
When a player plays this card then the next player in turn is ordered to draw 2 cards from the discard pile and then skip the turn.
This card reverses the order/direction of the game. If you are playing the game from left to right order then it changes the direction from right to left. You can use this card either on the reverse card or on matching colored face-up cards. The symbol of a Reverse card is two arrows going in opposite directions.
As the name says, it causes the next person to skip their chance. If you are playing in 2 then immediately it will be your chance again. The symbol of a skip is a circle and a slanting line inside it. There are 8 skip cards- 2 each in Blue, Green, yellow and red. You can throw skip only on skip cards or similar colors. It is a great way to stop another person from going out with the cards.
When a player plays a grab-2-towers card you get to grab any 2 towers from the table or another player. This card can be played on a matching color or on another grab 2 towers card.
Wild Grab-A-Tower Card
When a player plays a wild grab-a-tower card then he/she can grab any 1 power tower from the table or another player. This card also works as a wild and is played on any other card and you also get to determine the color that continues to play.
Wild Draw 4 Card
This card allows you to call out the color to be played next and also causes the next player to draw four more cards and the next player has to skip his chance also. You can use this card on any number or color. But you can use this card only when you have no other cards to play (optional).
Power Icons & Power Towers
When a player plays the card with a power tower icon on it, he/she gets to claim that particular tower that resembles the icon. The power tower does not have to match the card by number or the color but rather only matches the symbol. Each power tower has a symbol that represents a power card. When you have a power tower it basically protects you from the action card which belongs to that tower.
The Power Icons meaning are as follows:
The “U” protects you from draw 1 cards.
The “N” protects you from draw 2 cards.
The “O” protects you from wild draw 4 cards.
The “!” protects you from Skip cards.
What happens If We Grab All Four Towers?
If you are able to get all the power towers at the same time then you have to immediately get to discard all the cards except for one, remember to yell UNO. Then return all the power towers to the neutral spot.
Special Rules of Uno Power Grab
- If the Grab-2-Towers card is flipped at the beginning of the game then the first player is not supposed to pick up two power towers instead you can play a card match by the color or put that card back in the draw pile and shuffle and the same goes with the wild cards too.
- Some of the number cards also have the power icon but you may not match the cards by power icons but only by color or number just as regular uno.
- The color of the power tower does not have to match the card but rather only matches the symbol.
- After you have blocked an action card with a power tower treat it like a regular uno card or wild card and play your turn normally would.
How To Play Uno Power Grab?
The rules are the same as regular uno except for these changes for refreshers of those rules check out original uno rules.
- Deal 7 cards to each player and the player who is sitting on the left side of the dealer will play.
- Place the draw deck face down in one slot of the play tray and place the power tower next to the play tray in the center of the table.
- Flip the top card of the deck into the play tray to start the discard pile.
- When you play a card with a power tower icon on it, you get to claim the corresponding power tower as your own and grab it from the table or another player.
- Just like that if you grab all the power towers then you can instantly go for uno. We have explained the power of having all the power towers above.
- The player who finishes his/her cards first won the round. How to win the match you can read the scoring part below.
Uno Power Grab Scoring Points
So, let’s talk about how to calculate the score and who will win the game and how. Basically, the player who gets rid of all of their cards won the game and all of their opponent’s points will be yours and the whoever reaches first 500 points will win the match.
Alternative Scoring & Winning
Another way to score points is to keep a running tally of the points each player is left with at the end of each round. When one player reaches 500 points, the player with the lowest points is the winner.
Here below we have listed the score points of each card and according to this, you can calculate the score.
|All number cards (1-9)||Face Value|
|Draw One||20 Points|
|Draw Two||20 Points|
|Wild Grab-A-Tower||50 Points|
|Wild Draw Four||50 Points|
Uno Power Grab Rules PDF
Uno Power Grab Game Play Video Tutorial
My personal opinion of this game is it’s a super cool game. One of the favourite Uno’s of mine which is out there till now. Any uno game which contains any object or prop is really fun to play. I really recommend you guys to play this game I can assure you, you will definitely enjoy it. Do let us know in the comment section which game rules or game reviews should we post here.