In this game, you will receive 33 cards, numbered from 3 to 35 and 55 counters in the pack.
Objective of the Game
The player who scores fewer points basically he/she wins the match. How to calculate scoring points and how to play, have been discussed everything in this article.
How To Divide Counters Among Players?
Grab a supply of counters based on the number of players in the game.
- 3-5 players uses 11 counters each
- 6 players, 9 counters each
- 7 Players, 7 counters each
No Thanks game Overview
No Thanks is a card game for 3-7 players. It is best for those who are 8 years of age or older. The game takes about 30 minutes to play. To begin, the oldest player starts the game by flipping over the top card from the pile, and the rest of the cards are placed face down in the middle of the players as a draw pile and play goes clockwise.
On a player’s turn, they may either draw a card from the draw pile or pass. If they choose to draw, they must add the card to their hand and then either pay a chip to the pot or place a chip on the card. If they cannot or do not want to pay, they have to pick up the card.
If a player passes, they cannot draw again for the rest of the round. Play then proceeds to the next player who must either draw or pass as well. This continues until all but one player has passed.
Once all but one player has passed, the round is over and everyone reveals their hand. The player with the fewest points in their hand scores 1 point for each chip in the pot, and the player with the most points in their hand loses 1 point for each chip in the pot.
The game is over when all the card finishes on the table. The player with the most points at the end of the game is the loser.
How To Play No Thanks?
- The oldest player starts the game by flipping over the top card from the pile.
- On your turn, you can either take the card which means you now have that number of points or put a counter on it and say “No Thanks” if you say “no thanks” the player on your left make the same decision and take the card or say “no thanks” and put a counter on it this continues until someone decides to take that card and all the counters on it.
- Sometimes you’ll say “on thanks” to a card more than once before someone finally picks it up.
- Every time you take a card, you get to go first flip over the next card and decide if you want to take it or put a counter on it.
- Counters are very important if you run out of counters then you must take the card when it’s your turn.
- There’s one more twist if you end up with 2 or more cards that are in numbered order only the lowest card counts against your score but remember 9 cards were taken out of the deck so the card you want might be sitting this game out .
- Once all the cards from the pile are gone players add up the points they have taken.
- Remember only count the lowest card from any sequence when you add up your points and then subtract all the counters you have in your hand.
- Compare your scores the player with the lowest score wins.
No Thanks Strategy Tips
– Try to get rid of your high cards early. They will only become a liability as the game goes on.
– Pay attention to what other players are discarding. This can give you an idea of what they might be holding and what they are trying to get rid of.
– Don’t be afraid to pass. There is no penalty for passing, and it might be your best option at the time.
– The earlier you pass in a round, the better. This way you can avoid taking unnecessary risks and hopefully end up with a lower score than your opponents.
– Try to keep track of how many chips are in the pot. This will give you an idea of how many points are at stake and help you make better decisions.
– Remember that the goal is to score points, not just to get rid of your cards. Sometimes it’s better to keep a card in your hand than to play it and risk taking negative points.
– It’s a good idea to keep your counters hidden to make sure nobody knows how many you have.
No Thanks PDF Rules
No Thanks Gameplay Video Tutorial
No Thanks Review (My Personal Opinion)
I know before buying “No Thanks” you guys want my opinion and reviews on this. So well, here it is “No Thanks” is a card game that has very less components and is easy to understand the game. It’s a unique game and you haven’t seen it anywhere or thought of it like this can be a game. It’s very fun to play this game with your friends and families. I would highly recommend this game to buy and play at get to gather parties.
Now that you know how to play, it’s time to put your skills to the test! Good luck!