You guys wanted to play phase 10 but don’t have a phase 10 special deck of cards? Don’t worry we will tell you in this post how you can play phase 10 with standard cards. Well, the rules will be as same as the original phase 10. Only the faces of the cards will be changed which is obvious.
To revise the phase 10 rules you can consider the linked post.
Phase 10 Contents with Regular Cards
- 2 standard decks of Cards needed
|Phase 10 cards
|10, 11, 12
|10, Jack, Queen
Phase 10 Phases
These are the ten Phases:
- 2 sets of 3
- 1 set of 3 + 1 run of 4
- 1 set of 4 + 1 run of 4
- 1 run of 7
- 1 run of 8
- 1 run of 9
- 2 sets of 4
- 7 cards of 1 color
- 1 set of 5 + 1 set of 2
- 1 set of 5 + 1 set of 3
Note: Each player can make only one Phase during a round.
What is set?
Set is defined as 2 or more cards with the same number. Sets can include numbers from any color.
What is run?
A run is defined as four or more number cards that are sequential. Wild cards can be used to complete runs.
Phase 10 Special Card Rules
- A wild card can be substituted for any card needed.
- Skip card allows the holder to skip the player of their choice.
How to Play Phase 10 with Standard Cards
- Deal 10 cards to each player. Place the rest of the deck face down in the middle of the players, then flip over the top card to start a discard pile.
- The player to the left of the dealer starts the game by drawing a card from either the deck or the discard pile, then discarding a card. Play passes clockwise around the table. On your turn, you must do the same things: draw a card and discard one. If you choose to draw, you can either draw from the face-down deck or take the top card from the discard pile. You can look at the cards in your hand, but keep them face down so that the other players can’t see what you have.
- Once you’ve drawn a card, you must discard one and this is how you need to make the set so, you can win the phase. You can’t just keep all ten cards in your hand – that’s not how you win the game! When a player completes 1st phase then he/she can get rid of all the cards in his/her hand and then the game will be stopped, then again dealer distributes the 10 cards to each player and those who have not cleared 1st phase can’t go to 2nd phase. There are ten different phases in the game, and each one is harder to complete than the last. This game is only completed when a player who cleared all the 10 phases.
- The first player to go out wins the game! But be careful – if you don’t complete your phase, you have to add cards to your hand back up to ten. The other players will be able to see what phase you’re on, so they’ll know how close you are to going out.
Phase 10: Scoring & Points
When a player has played down their phase and discarded the last card in their hand, the round is over. And then points will be calculated. The player who finishes all 10 phases first and scored the least points will win the game.
|10, Jack, Queen
You can try playing phase 10 with regular cards. I am pretty much sure it will also be fun to play. Above we have discussed in detail how you can play phase with a standard deck of cards and how many packs you will be needed. I hope you liked this unique most which asked many users. I would like to know your thoughts and feedback regarding this post. Do let us know in the comment section which topic we should cover next.