Do you like card games? If so, you’ve probably played both UNO and Crazy Eights. They’re both classic card games that are a lot of fun, but there are some key differences between them. In this post, we’ll take a look at the similarities and differences between UNO and Crazy Eights. We’ll also discuss which game is better (in our opinion). So, if you’re curious about the differences between these two games, keep reading!
What is UNO?
UNO is a popular card game that is easy to learn and fun to play. The object of the game is to get rid of all of your cards by matching them with either the same color or number as the card on top of the discard pile. When you are down to your last card, you must shout “UNO” to win the game.
There are two basic ways to play UNO: either with a regular deck of cards or with the special UNO deck. The regular deck of cards is played with two jokers, which act as wild cards. You can use a joker to represent any color or number. The special UNO deck has four suits (red, yellow, green, and blue), each with numbers 1-9, a zero, two draw cards, and two wild cards. The object of the game is still to get rid of all your cards, but the special deck makes it a little easier to do so.
To start the game, each player is dealt seven cards. The remaining cards are placed face down in the middle of the players to form a draw pile. The top card of the draw pile is turned over to start the discard pile.
Players take turns matching a card from their hand with the top card of the discard pile. If you cannot match the card, you must draw one card from the draw pile. If the card you draw cannot be played, you must again discard a card and continue playing. The first player to get rid of all of their cards wins the game.
What is Crazy Eights?
Crazy Eight is a 2 or 2+players card game where players draw 7 cards and discard them among the players. The player who finishes all the cards in the first place wins.
The aim of the game is to be the first player to get rid of all your cards. The game is played with a regular deck of 52 cards. Jokers are not used. Number 8 is the most powerful and high-value card in the game whereas the ace value is 1 and face cards values are 10, eight has 50 points and the rest number cards have the same value their number shows.
To start, each player is dealt seven cards face up in their hand. The rest of the deck is placed face down in the middle of the players. The first player to the left of the dealer starts the game by flipping over the top card of their deck. If this card is a two, they must place number card two or the same color face up in front of the players. If they don’t have the card of the same number or same color they must draw another card from the deck. Number eight cards can be played anytime.
What are the similarities between UNO & Crazy Eights?
Here we have listed a few similarities which can be identified so easily:
- The objective of both games is to get rid of the cards first.
- The player to the left of the dealer begins the game.
- At least two players must participate.
- The general rule of play (Gameplay).
- Crazy Eights: Dealt 7 cards vs. UNO: Dealt 7 cards.
- They are designed for the same age groups.
What are the differences between UNO & Crazy Eights?
- Crazy eights played with standards deck of 52 cards whereas UNO plays with 108 cards of UNO deck.
- In Crazy Eights, you’re free to assign which cards are used to skip, reverse, or draw. In UNO, the special cards (skip, draw, reverse, etc.) are already set.
- In Crazy Eights, if unable to play, you must draw cards until you have a possible play; while in UNO, If unable to play, you must only draw one card.
- The card values. In crazy eights, cards have it’s value whereas UNO number cards don’t have any value.
Well both the games are fun and the best at their places. UNO and Crazy Eights are played in the event of the new year, family get to gather and house parties too. Do let us know in the comment section which game you play the most and when?